Don't forget when you're traveling overseas and taking along computers, modems, and printers, to packadapter plugs and converters. Adapters allow plugs to fit into differently shaped wall sockets, while converters allow appliances to work with foreignelectrical voltages. Often you'll need both, depending on where you're traveling.

If you plan to plug a computer modem into a foreign telephone plug, youmay also need an additional telephone adapter before you can log on from overseas.

Check with the manufacturers of your equipment for their advice. The travel catalog Magellan's (800-962-4943) sells converters and adapter plugs and canmake recommendations about what you'll need depending on what countries you'll be visiting.