Q: I purchased a laptop computer from a company called Inca Computers. The company not only sold it to me but was also the manufacturer. Shortly after Inca went out of business, and my laptop broke. I just happened to buy my laptop with an Inca credit card, which a third party credit company handled for Inca computers. Can I seek any kind of recourse in getting my computer fixed from the credit company even though I have already paid off my computer in full?

A: You probably can't force the processing company to fix your computer. That is simply not its line of work. But ask whether someone there knows what company served as the bonding company on the extended warranty. Then make your claim with the bonding company.

Copyright 1999 Nolo.com, Inc.