State of Flux
Having a hard time keeping up with all the changes in American business today? According to a recent study conducted by Penton Research Services, a unit of business-publishing giant Penton Media Inc., of Cleveland, there are more than 8,500 of those changes every business day. Here are some national averages:
- New business incorporations: 3,196 per day.
- Corporations going out of business or being acquired by another company: 2,621 per day.
- Businesses changing their addresses: 1,984 per day.
- Businesses changing their phone numbers: 704 per day.
- Corporations changing their names: 8 per day.