Although there are usually options and solutions for most work-at-home challenges, here's a list of telltale signs that working at home is not the best choice for you.
- You need face-to-face contact on a daily basis with team members.
- You really don't like your work or would rather avoid it.
- You're someone who starts lots of things but never seems to be able to complete them.
- You live in a discordant or otherwise unpleasant household.
- You're a severe, chronic workaholic.
- You're an obsessive housekeeper who can't tolerate a little dust build up, a crooked picture frame, an unwashed dish in the sink, or a pile of papers scattered on the coffee table.
- You're struggling with a severe addiction or serious domestic difficulty.
This article was excerpted from Working From Home, 5th edition, by Paul and Sarah Edwards.
Copyright © 1999 by Paul and Sarah Edwards. All rights reserved.
Paul and Sarah Edwards, inc.com mentors for Running a 1-Person Business, answer Frequently Asked Questions.