Merchant account providers, like most banks, pay close attention to the companies with which they do business. Such factors as your company's length of time in business, outstanding debt, debt payment history, goods and services offered, and even your personal history (for new businesses) will affect the fees your company pays to process credit card transactions on the Net.
The transaction fee is based on the financial institution and the risks associated with the merchant, including:
- The type of products and services being sold
- The market segment in which the merchant competes
- The method in which products and services are being sold and delivered
- The prices of the products and services offered
- The expected sales volume of transactions
- The merchant's credit history
Copyright Â© 1995-2000 Pinnacle WebWorkz Inc. All rights reserved. Do notduplicate or redistribute in any form.