- 46 years - Average age of Inner City 100 CEO
- 35 years - Average age at founding
- 79% - Male
- 21% - Female
- 60% - White
- 40% - Minority
Breakdown of Minority CEOs:
- 14% - Black
- 13% - Latino
- 4% - Asian or Pacific Islander
- 2% - Native American
- 1% - Arab and Middle Eastern
- 1% - Mixed Ethnicity
- 1% - Other
- 20% of the Inner City 100 companies are run by immigrants
- 29% of CEOs are children of immigrants
Inner City Living:
- 34% of CEOs currently live in the inner city.
- 78% have lived in an inner city.
- 77% of executives had at least a 4-year college education, with 33% holding an MBA, Doctorate or Master's equivalent.
- Education Level (Highest level completed)
- 2% - Some High school
- 8% - High school
- 13% - Two year college
- 44% - Four year college
- 12% - MBA
- 13% - Other Master's
- 8% - Doctorate
- $266,129 - Average salary of CEOs (median = $200,000)
- On average, the CEO owned 68% of their company, while board members typically held 11%. Family of the CEO (8%), outside investors (6%), top managers (4%) and employees (1%) held the remainder.