Anticipating the torpedoes that can sink a deal Read story
"Street Smarts" columnist and senior contributing editor Norm Brodsky is a veteran entrepreneur who has founded and grown six businesses. In 2007 he sold CitiStorage, a document-archive business based in Brooklyn, New York, for $110 million. Along with Bo Burlingham, Norm has chronicled his entrepreneurial journey in his column in Inc. and in the book The Knack: How Street-Smart Entrepreneurs Learn to Handle Whatever Comes Up. @NormBrodsky
I thought I cashed out. But then the credit squeeze changed my plans Read story
Veteran entrepreneur Norm Brodsky answers readers questions about retirement, selling a business, and more. Read story
Norm Brodsky helps a business owner who wants to give a longtime worker a piece of the action Watch video
The force that drives sexagenarian Mick Jagger just might be the reason you're an entrepreneur. Read story
Outside money is never "no strings." Some advice on how to expand your business without compromising what you've already built. Read story
Entrepreneurs gripe that great salespeople are scarce. But the real problem is that most companies' concept of a great salesperson is too narrow. Read story
When you have a stand-out employee, is increasing pay and benefits enough? Read story
FROM OUR PARTNERS
- New Data on Success
- New book BUSINESS BRILLIANT by Inc.com blogger Lewis Schiff
- The rugged Torque
- Buy 1 Kyocera Torque, get 4 free. Only at Sprint. Restrictions apply.
- Undesk your desk phone:
- ShoreTel Dock for iPad/iPhone. BYOD better.
- Servers up to 45% off
- Technology optimized for today, but scalable for growing business needs.
- PCs You can Trust
- Discover how an ASUS PC with leading reliability is fit for your business
- Louisiana Advantage
- Custom-fit opportunity. Louisianaadvantage.com
- Old Dominion
- No matter what you ship, your business is our business. Visit odpromises.com.
- Save on business PCs
- Get business performance: Ultrabook™ styles, PCs, and more! Click for deals