No matter what kind of company you have, at some point, its growth is likely to outstrip your technology. Here are the three things that determine how you ca... Read story
Alan joined Chrysalis as a Venture Partner in 2010 with a focus on investment opportunities and portfolio companies in healthcare. He has 15 years of experience as a physician, entrepreneur, public company executive, and investor. Alan founded MercuryMD, a mobile information systems provider in the hospital market, during his residency in General Surgery at Duke University. As CEO he led the company from financing through its rapid growth and eventual sale to The Thomson Corp. (NYSE:TRI). Alan then served as Chief Medical Officer at Thomson, where he was responsible for Strategy, M&A, and Corporate Development. After Thomson Alan became an owner at KLAS Enterprises, a leading hospital market research firm, and a managing member of Asterism Capital Management, a registered investment advisory firm in Texas. Alan earned a BA from Rice University and an MD from The Ohio State University. As a physician Alan published multiple peer-reviewed journal articles, and as an entrepreneur authored several patents for medical technology and communications tools. He currently serves as a Board Director or Advisor to several non-profits, universities and private businesses. Alan is based in Houston.
Most founders can learn to be great CEOs. But should they? Read story
Once you have about 20 employees, meetings are a fact of start-up life. Here's how to make them worth your time. Read story
How to resolve the classic love triangle: Entrepreneur, Product, Business. Read story
FROM OUR PARTNERS
- Smarty Pants
- Maryland – #1 in Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- New Data on Success
- New book BUSINESS BRILLIANT by Inc.com blogger Lewis Schiff
- Old Dominion
- No matter what you ship, your business is our business. Visit odpromises.com.
- Constant Contact
- Over 500,000 Small Businesses Use Constant Contact®. Safe, Simple.
- The rugged Torque
- Buy 1 Kyocera Torque, get 4 free. Only at Sprint. Restrictions apply.
- AT&T Enhanced PTT
- Switch to AT&T Enhanced Push-to-Talk and get a free Samsung Rugby III.
- Undesk your desk phone:
- ShoreTel Dock for iPad/iPhone. BYOD better.
- Business Essentials
- Represent Your Company With A Custom Name Badge. Find It Here!
- Servers up to 45% off
- Technology optimized for today, but scalable for growing business needs.
- PCs You can Trust
- Discover how an ASUS PC with leading reliability is fit for your business