Today's pending sales numbers appear to be strong, but only in comparison to 2011, the worst year for home sales in half a century. Read story
Constantine von Hoffman is a veteran journalist and sometime stand-up comedian who can’t always tell the difference between the two. He has been writing about business and finance since well before the dot com bubble burst. His work has appeared in Harvard Business Review, CBS MoneyWatch, TheStreet.com, CIO magazine, NPR, Sierra, Boston Magazine, among other places. Samples of his work can be found at his website: www.areporter.com. @CurseYouKhan
Three of every four "small business" contracts awarded by the U.S. government go to the likes of Apple, Chevron and GE. Read story
What’s going on can best be described as a Dead Greek bounce: A huge over-reaction to a bailout deal already starting to unravel. Read story
Millions of retailers have filed an antitrust suit against big bank credit card companies. The goal? Cutting interchange fees and ending a crushing monopoly. Read story
Making the SBA chief a member of the Cabinet is the executive branch equivalent of giving an honorary degree or getting an Emmy award: Sounds nice, means not... Read story
Beijing is nursing a real-estate bubble proportionately larger than our own in 2005. If it bursts, the aftershock will hit every business in the U.S. Read story
Every money manager I interview is worried that Europe could blow any day now. Here's how to make sure your business survives. Read story
New treaty promises a lot for the future and fixes exactly none of the problems which are threatening the world economy. Read story
The European crisis enters a scary new phase as Italian debt approaches the point of no return. To grasp what's happening, and what it means to you, picture ... Read story
The tax dollars lent through the Small Business Lending Fund--a version of TARP for small banks--were supposed to help small businesses. Here's where the mon... Read story
FROM OUR PARTNERS
- Smarty Pants
- Maryland – #1 in Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- New Data on Success
- New book BUSINESS BRILLIANT by Inc.com blogger Lewis Schiff
- Old Dominion
- No matter what you ship, your business is our business. Visit odpromises.com.
- Constant Contact
- Over 500,000 Small Businesses Use Constant Contact®. Safe, Simple.
- The rugged Torque
- Buy 1 Kyocera Torque, get 4 free. Only at Sprint. Restrictions apply.
- Undesk your desk phone:
- ShoreTel Dock for iPad/iPhone. BYOD better.
- Business Essentials
- Represent Your Company With A Custom Name Badge. Find It Here!
- Servers up to 45% off
- Technology optimized for today, but scalable for growing business needs.
- PCs You can Trust
- Discover how an ASUS PC with leading reliability is fit for your business