A Nebraska county employee of more than 30 years is axed for letting his vacation time pile up. Read story
A California Supreme Court ruling that cracks down on predatory pricing is being hailed as victory for small businesses. Read story
Kenneth McAllister wore the homemade t-shirt to protest his employer's decision to sell bongs and bags of fake marijuana. Read story
According to an SBA report, 90 percent of small businesses use broadband, but a third of those surveyed want better service. Read story
The young entrepreneurs hoped to save enough to open a restaurant -- but then a local councilman called the police. Read story
Gert Boyle, the company's 86-year-old chairwoman, was held briefly at gunpoint, but kept her wits about her. Read story
Companies seem more willing to invest in their website and in e-mail marketing than they do in social media. Read story
In what could be a precedent-setting case, a federal agency says employees' right to gripe online is protected. Read story
Confidence in business improving reaches its highest level in six months, a new survey finds. Read story
Laws that apply to employees who work even a few hours a week can be tricky to follow. As more businesses hire part-time help, here's how to avoid a problem. Read story
The EEOC is getting 'very aggressive in its investigations,' says one lawyer. Here's what you can do to protect yourself. Read story
Check before you roll your eyes. A third of searchers say they give up when they can't easily find information -- and one in six say info about small busines... Read story
Rents in the nation's capital rose 3.9 percent compared to a year ago, pushing its office space past New York City as the priciest in the country. Read story
The U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Commission is suing a Virginia company for denying a job to a Rastafarian who wouldn't cut his hair because of his reli... Read story
A third of small businesses don't make money from promotions on group-buying site Groupon. Read story
Female managers earn 81 cents for every $1 earned by men. Read story
A state supreme court breaks from the established federal framework and puts a greater burden on employers to prove a discrimination claim is false. Read story
An Illinois company has issued a written warning to a woman caught eating Doritos at her desk. Read story
FROM OUR PARTNERS
- Smarty Pants
- Maryland – #1 in Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- New Data on Success
- New book BUSINESS BRILLIANT by Inc.com blogger Lewis Schiff
- Old Dominion
- No matter what you ship, your business is our business. Visit odpromises.com.
- Constant Contact
- Over 500,000 Small Businesses Use Constant Contact®. Safe, Simple.
- The rugged Torque
- Buy 1 Kyocera Torque, get 4 free. Only at Sprint. Restrictions apply.
- AT&T Enhanced PTT
- Switch to AT&T Enhanced Push-to-Talk and get a free Samsung Rugby III.
- Undesk your desk phone:
- ShoreTel Dock for iPad/iPhone. BYOD better.
- Business Essentials
- Represent Your Company With A Custom Name Badge. Find It Here!
- Servers up to 45% off
- Technology optimized for today, but scalable for growing business needs.
- PCs You can Trust
- Discover how an ASUS PC with leading reliability is fit for your business