More raw brainpower isn't always the answer. In order for your company to innovate, create divisions. Read story
Eric V. Holtzclaw is founder and CEO of Laddering Works, a marketing and product strategy firm. He advises clients on the development of customer-centric products, services, marketing messages, and experiences. Eric has spent more than 20 years founding multiple start-up companies, including one of the first profitable Internet enterprises. Eric speaks regularly on evidence-based customer research, consumer trends, leadership, and entrepreneurship. His book, Laddering: Unlocking the Potential of Consumer Behavior is scheduled for release Summer of 2013. His weekly radio show, The 'Better You' Project, shines a spotlight on entrepreneurs' individual business journeys and successes. @eholtzclaw @eholtzclaw
Want to grow your venture? Why you should make like you're out of funds, even if you're not. Read story
When it comes to conferences, some of the best learning and connections come from outside your typical circles. Read story
Forget cramming to learn your new industry inside and out. When you're starting up, ignorance makes you more creative, unique, and effective. Read story
If your employees don't work from home, you're missing out on tons of benefits. Guidelines to make a work-from-home program work. Read story
Forget Millennials. Older workers stay late, cost less and bring real wisdom to a workforce. Read story
Everyone's talking about the fiscal cliff. Please. Let's talk about small business' real problems. Read story
Steve Jobs died on October 5, 2011. Today, as I am frequently, I am reminded of his tremendous example to entrepreneurs everywhere. Read story
You don't need someone just like you for every open position. Here's why you should recruit solid day-to-day operators instead. Read story
Use technology to build stronger, more meaningful (virtual or real-life) relationships with small business owners. Here's three examples I love. Read story
As a small business owner, I worry about many things when it comes to human resources. Offering benefits to same-sex couples is not one of them. Read story
You'll be surprised at how quickly conflict--if you handle it right--can propel breakout company growth. Read story
FROM OUR PARTNERS
- Smarty Pants
- Maryland – #1 in Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- New Data on Success
- New book BUSINESS BRILLIANT by Inc.com blogger Lewis Schiff
- Old Dominion
- No matter what you ship, your business is our business. Visit odpromises.com.
- Constant Contact
- Over 500,000 Small Businesses Use Constant Contact®. Safe, Simple.
- The rugged Torque
- Buy 1 Kyocera Torque, get 4 free. Only at Sprint. Restrictions apply.
- AT&T Enhanced PTT
- Switch to AT&T Enhanced Push-to-Talk and get a free Samsung Rugby III.
- Undesk your desk phone:
- ShoreTel Dock for iPad/iPhone. BYOD better.
- Business Essentials
- Represent Your Company With A Custom Name Badge. Find It Here!
- Servers up to 45% off
- Technology optimized for today, but scalable for growing business needs.
- PCs You can Trust
- Discover how an ASUS PC with leading reliability is fit for your business