Few aspiring entrepreneurs actually get a new venture off the ground. Even fewer go on to be great. Here's why--and how to buck the trend. Read story
Jon Burgstone is the co-author of the new book, Breakthrough Entrepreneurship. He teaches entrepreneurship at the University of California, Berkeley, where he is the Founding Faculty Chair at the University's Center for Entrepreneurship & Technology. Previously, Burgstone was CEO and co-founder of SupplierMarket, an Internet software firm serving global enterprises that was acquired by Ariba, Inc. for $1.1B. A graduate of Harvard Business School and an advisor to the Rock Center for Entrepreneurship at Harvard, Burgstone lives in San Francisco where he is also Managing Director of a private investment partnership. @jburgstone
When customers have to struggle to get their hands on something, they value it more--and they'll pay more to get it. Read story
In a start-up’s early days, your most important task is to sort out the good ideas from the bad--without spending a ton of money. Here’s how. Read story
Google needs to do something bold now that Facebook has a killer photo app. Here's one suggestion. Read story
Aneesh Chopra, the first-ever CTO for the United States, is stepping down. Here are a few good people who could replace him. Read story
FROM OUR PARTNERS
- Smarty Pants
- Maryland – #1 in Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- New Data on Success
- New book BUSINESS BRILLIANT by Inc.com blogger Lewis Schiff
- Old Dominion
- No matter what you ship, your business is our business. Visit odpromises.com.
- Constant Contact
- Over 500,000 Small Businesses Use Constant Contact®. Safe, Simple.
- The rugged Torque
- Buy 1 Kyocera Torque, get 4 free. Only at Sprint. Restrictions apply.
- Undesk your desk phone:
- ShoreTel Dock for iPad/iPhone. BYOD better.
- Business Essentials
- Represent Your Company With A Custom Name Badge. Find It Here!
- Servers up to 45% off
- Technology optimized for today, but scalable for growing business needs.
- PCs You can Trust
- Discover how an ASUS PC with leading reliability is fit for your business