No one says you have to help out a fledgling fellow entrepreneur once you've found success. But there are some pretty compelling reasons to do so. Read story
Strategy consultant, start-up investor, teacher, corporate speaker, pundit and author Peter Cohan has invested in six start-ups, three of which were sold for a total of $2 billion. Before founding Peter S. Cohan & Associates in 1994, he worked with HBS strategy guru Michael Porter. Cohan has run over 150 consulting assignments for corporations and governments and engaged corporate audiences from Barcelona to Beijing. He teaches business strategy at Babson College and entrepreneurship at Olin College of Engineering.
My advice is you should work 10 years before starting up, because that gives them industry knowledge, contacts, and confidence. Read story
Bigger isn't always better. Check out the advantages that you have as a small business owner. Read story
FROM OUR PARTNERS
- Smarty Pants
- Maryland – #1 in Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- New Data on Success
- New book BUSINESS BRILLIANT by Inc.com blogger Lewis Schiff
- Old Dominion
- No matter what you ship, your business is our business. Visit odpromises.com.
- Constant Contact
- Over 500,000 Small Businesses Use Constant Contact®. Safe, Simple.
- The rugged Torque
- Buy 1 Kyocera Torque, get 4 free. Only at Sprint. Restrictions apply.
- AT&T Enhanced PTT
- Switch to AT&T Enhanced Push-to-Talk and get a free Samsung Rugby III.
- Undesk your desk phone:
- ShoreTel Dock for iPad/iPhone. BYOD better.
- Business Essentials
- Represent Your Company With A Custom Name Badge. Find It Here!
- Servers up to 45% off
- Technology optimized for today, but scalable for growing business needs.
- PCs You can Trust
- Discover how an ASUS PC with leading reliability is fit for your business