Another reason to spend an evening with Humphrey Bogart or Peter O'Toole -- you just may become a better leader as a result. Read story
Samuel Bacharach is the McKelvey-Grant professor in the department of organizational behavior at Cornell University’s ILR School, and is director of Cornell's Institute for Workplace Studies in New York City. He is the co-founder of the Bacharach Leadership Group, an organization which specializes in leadership development programs with an emphasis on micro-skills: change, execution, negotiation and coaching. Among his books are Get Them on Your Side and Keep Them on Your Side. @samuelbacharach
Entrepreneurs get excited about change, but for staff members, it can be downright threatening. Here's how to get them on board. Read story
A famous rivalry shows us how competition can be both inspiring and productive. Read story
Today's news of Pope Benedict XVI's resignation holds a message: leadership is defined by action and a capacity to get things done. Read story
Obsession strikes many entrepreneurs--not just the captains of whaling ships. How to walk the fine line between determined and nutty. Read story
In 2008 the President was elected on charisma and hope. Yesterday he won on something less flashy but more enduring. Read story
Your high-potential employees aren't going to take over the world on their own. Here's how you can help them help you. Read story
Effective leaders change direction when the facts change. But how do you do that without coming across as weak-kneed and indecisive? Read story
"Politics" is a nasty word, implying that business leaders who practice it are insincere, glad-handing, and superficial. Get over it. Read story
You want to encourage flexibility and accomplishment. Here's how. Read story
FROM OUR PARTNERS
- Smarty Pants
- Maryland – #1 in Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- New Data on Success
- New book BUSINESS BRILLIANT by Inc.com blogger Lewis Schiff
- Old Dominion
- No matter what you ship, your business is our business. Visit odpromises.com.
- Constant Contact
- Over 500,000 Small Businesses Use Constant Contact®. Safe, Simple.
- The rugged Torque
- Buy 1 Kyocera Torque, get 4 free. Only at Sprint. Restrictions apply.
- AT&T Enhanced PTT
- Switch to AT&T Enhanced Push-to-Talk and get a free Samsung Rugby III.
- Undesk your desk phone:
- ShoreTel Dock for iPad/iPhone. BYOD better.
- Business Essentials
- Represent Your Company With A Custom Name Badge. Find It Here!
- Servers up to 45% off
- Technology optimized for today, but scalable for growing business needs.
- PCs You can Trust
- Discover how an ASUS PC with leading reliability is fit for your business