Sure, we're all supposed to hire slow and fire fast. But hiring can become a real time suck. Here's how to cut out the waste. Read story
Schuyler Brown is the host of Founders@Fail, where he interviews veteran entrepreneurs about the bumps, bruises, and reality of life in the startup trenches. His own experience with startups began as an early employee at Cross Commerce Media, where he helped launch the company’s sales force. Since then, he has worked at the venture capital firms DFJ Gotham and High Peaks Venture Partners, where he is currently responsible for sourcing and evaluating potential investments. Brown holds a B.A. from Columbia University and an MBA from Columbia Business School. He also serves on the board of the Columbia Venture Community.
Closing a first round of funding is a major achievement. But you won't see any cash for months. What do you do until then? Read story
FROM OUR PARTNERS
- New Data on Success
- New book BUSINESS BRILLIANT by Inc.com blogger Lewis Schiff
- The rugged Torque
- Buy 1 Kyocera Torque, get 4 free. Only at Sprint. Restrictions apply.
- Undesk your desk phone:
- ShoreTel Dock for iPad/iPhone. BYOD better.
- Servers up to 45% off
- Technology optimized for today, but scalable for growing business needs.
- PCs You can Trust
- Discover how an ASUS PC with leading reliability is fit for your business
- Louisiana Advantage
- Custom-fit opportunity. Louisianaadvantage.com
- Old Dominion
- No matter what you ship, your business is our business. Visit odpromises.com.
- Save on business PCs
- Get business performance: Ultrabook™ styles, PCs, and more! Click for deals