These three tactics help the fastest-growing inner city companies stay ahead of the pack. Read story
Steven Pedigo is the vice president of communications and content for Initiative for a Competitive Inner City (ICIC). Founded in 1994 by Harvard Business School professor Michael Porter, ICIC is the leading authority on U.S. inner city economies and the businesses that thrive there. As the the chief communications specialist for ICIC, Steven is responsible for the creation and execution of ICIC’s engagement and dissemination strategy, including content and resource creation for urban businesses, cities, economic development professionals and media.
In addition to his work with the ICIC, Steven is a member of the Creative Class Group, a boutique advisory services firm composed of leading researchers, communication specialists and business advisors. He is also a distinguished visiting scholar with the School of Urban and Public Affairs at University of Texas at Arlington and a professor at the Centro de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey Design.
Prior to joining ICIC, Steven was vice president for business attraction and research for Greenlight Greater Portland, a regional economic development organization for the Portland-Vancouver metropolitan region. With Greenlight, Steven developed and staffed a comprehensive, assets-based business development plan for the region’s key industry clusters.
Steven started his career in economic development as the director of research for the Greater Washington Initiative (GWI), a regional marketing organization for the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. He was responsible for region’s comprehensive human capital assessment, which was profiled extensively in The Washington Post and utilized by area universities and community colleges to forecast future course needs. As researcher and writer, Steven’s work has been featured in such publications as The New York Times, The Washington Post and The Dallas Morning News.
Steven holds a bachelor’s degree from the University of Texas at Austin and graduate degrees from the H. John Heinz III School for Public Policy and Management at Carnegie Mellon University and the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
He tweets at @iamstevenpedigo.
FROM OUR PARTNERS
- Smarty Pants
- Maryland – #1 in Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- New Data on Success
- New book BUSINESS BRILLIANT by Inc.com blogger Lewis Schiff
- Old Dominion
- No matter what you ship, your business is our business. Visit odpromises.com.
- Constant Contact
- Over 500,000 Small Businesses Use Constant Contact®. Safe, Simple.
- The rugged Torque
- Buy 1 Kyocera Torque, get 4 free. Only at Sprint. Restrictions apply.
- AT&T Enhanced PTT
- Switch to AT&T Enhanced Push-to-Talk and get a free Samsung Rugby III.
- Undesk your desk phone:
- ShoreTel Dock for iPad/iPhone. BYOD better.
- Business Essentials
- Represent Your Company With A Custom Name Badge. Find It Here!
- Servers up to 45% off
- Technology optimized for today, but scalable for growing business needs.
- PCs You can Trust
- Discover how an ASUS PC with leading reliability is fit for your business