Contest Description: Technology is one of the fundamental reasons why today's small businesses can break through with innovative products, compete head to head with large corporations, and even change the very rules of the game. The modern paradigm of entrepreneurship -- fueled by cost-effective and available technology -- emphasizes flexibility and responsiveness, enabling small businesses to contend for market position in a way that was not even thinkable just a few years ago.
Comcast Business Class, the leader in workplace productivity and technology solutions, is offering four lucky winners an office productivity upgrade - providing the winning company with a prize package of tools to help their company be more efficient utilizing technology. This includes Comcast services, equipment upgrades, software, training and consulting services to grow your business.
What is the deadline to enter?
April 21, 2010, 11:59:59 PM ET
Is there any cost to enter?
There is no purchase necessary to enter the contest.
What are the prizes?
Four Grand Prize Winners of the Productivity@Work Contest will each receive a custom technology audit and Comcast Business Class solutions valued at approximately $40,000 including:
- A Comcast Business Class Internet package that will help your company be more efficient, fast and more secure!
- Business Class Internet - 2 years of service
- Norton Security Suite Business Edition - Provides advanced data and identity protection
- Microsoft Communication Services, including Microsoft Outlook and Window SharePoint - allows your team to collaborate more securely and efficiently
- Custom domain name and web site
- Business Class TV Service - 2 years of service
- Our most comprehensive line-up with up to 150 channels
- Equipment Upgrade
- Up to five (5) HP personal computers and monitors
- Website consulting to build or upgrade your website
- Custom-designed Windows SharePoint templates to help you collaborate with team members
- Microsoft software and training
- Productivity training from Microsoft, software will vary based on business need
- One Day in-office training on the Microsoft software solution
- Business Continuity Audit - an onsite audit with a business continuity consultant
- Private small business consulting session with a small business consultant
To enter the Contest, complete the entry form by providing all requested information; entry forms must be complete to be eligible; and in the space provided on the entry form, submit an original essay explaining how Comcast technology can help your business. Your essay must:
(a) provide an overview of your business;
(b) describe your vision for your business's future;
(c) explain the productivity challenges facing your business;
(d) explain how a Comcast technology upgrade will benefit your business
Note for Finalists: Entrants who are selected as Finalists will have the option to submit one (1) video to the Contest Website in which the Finalist describes why he/she needs a Productivity Upgrade and what it would do for their business (the "Optional Video Submission"). The Optional Video Submission is NOT required and will not be factored by the Judges in determining the Prize Winners. The Optional Video Submission may be featured on the Contest Website during the Public Voting period provided it meets all criteria and requirements outlined in the Official Rules.
If a Finalist chooses to submit an Optional Video Submission, the Optional Video Submission must meet the following requirements:
- Running Time: Thirty (30) seconds maximum, including any production credits. If Optional Video Submission is longer than thirty (30) seconds, the video may not be shown on the Contest Website during the Public Voting Period.
- Maximum File Size: 25 MB
- Video Formats: .mov, .mp4, or .m4v
- Language: English
You must be within the Comcast Business Class Service Area.
Eligibility: Contest is open only to persons who, as of date of entry, are legal residents of one of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia , are at least 18 years or older (or the age of majority in their state of residence if greater than 18, whichever age is older) and a majority owner of an established, independent, non-franchised business with no more than 500 employees located primarily within a Comcast service area. . This Contest is void in Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions, outside of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia, and where prohibited by law. You do NOT need to be a Comcast customer to enter.
This Contest is open only to owners of established, independent, non-franchised businesses. If selected as a Prize Winner, Entrants may be asked to provide proof of business ownership in a form deemed acceptable by the Sponsor. In addition to the criteria listed above, to be eligible for this Contest the Entrant must satisfy the definition both of "Owner" and "Eligible Business" as listed in the rules.
How will the Winners be determined? Judges will evaluate the submitted essays and select 12 finalists based on the judging criteria (see Terms and Conditions). Those 12 Semi-finalists will go to a voting round on Inc.com, where 4 Finalists will be selected based on the judging criteria.
Where can I find the official Terms & Conditions for the contest?
Terms & Conditions
I'm a member of the media and I'd like more information. Who do I contact?
Darcy Lewis, Inc. Magazine, email@example.com