If you're using contractors because they are cheaper than employees, you may be in big trouble. Read more
Even small businesses may find themselves subject to employment laws designed to cover big firms. So know the law. Read more
A Michigan pharmacist is suing Walgreens after the chain fired him for shooting a concealed weapon during a break in. Read more
Not according to a National Labor Relations Board judge, who ruled that five employees who were fired after complaining about their jobs on Facebook must be re-hired. Read more
You probably can't offer 16 weeks of paid leave. Here's what you can do. Read more
Recent Employment Law Articles
Even if you face something as difficult and stressful as having to close a business, you have only one choice: Do it badly, or do it right. Read more
A reporter announces he's gotten his dream job on his blog only to have the company rescind the offer in response. Who's in the wrong? Read more
Inc.com columnist Jeff Haden is taking your start-up questions. Up this week: How to handle an employee who won't agree to a non-compete. Read more
FROM OUR PARTNERS
- Smarty Pants
- Maryland – #1 in Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- New Data on Success
- New book BUSINESS BRILLIANT by Inc.com blogger Lewis Schiff
- Old Dominion
- No matter what you ship, your business is our business. Visit odpromises.com.
- Constant Contact
- Over 500,000 Small Businesses Use Constant Contact®. Safe, Simple.
- The rugged Torque
- Buy 1 Kyocera Torque, get 4 free. Only at Sprint. Restrictions apply.
- AT&T Enhanced PTT
- Switch to AT&T Enhanced Push-to-Talk and get a free Samsung Rugby III.
- Undesk your desk phone:
- ShoreTel Dock for iPad/iPhone. BYOD better.
- Business Essentials
- Represent Your Company With A Custom Name Badge. Find It Here!
- Servers up to 45% off
- Technology optimized for today, but scalable for growing business needs.
- PCs You can Trust
- Discover how an ASUS PC with leading reliability is fit for your business