Handing off a business to the next generation is the realization of a dream—or a complete nightmare. Read more
Recent Family Business Articles
Before venturing out on your own, you must take account of your family's participation and expectations about the new business. Read more
Dealing with employees on a personal level can wreak havoc in a small or family-owned business. Here's how you can keep from making some common missteps. Read more
Gert Boyle, the company's 86-year-old chairwoman, was held briefly at gunpoint, but kept her wits about her. Read more
If you'd like to be a multi-generation business, start early and set a clear succession plan. Read more
How one California company prepares members of the armed forces for the linguistic and cultural hurdles of overseas combat. Read more
Along with his sons, Jerry Murrell of Five Guys Burgers and Fries built a 570-store chain that enjoys a cult following. Read more
Ellis Yan was creating those more efficient spiral light bulbs way before 'green' was a buzzword. Read more
Glenn Dahl was taking an absurd risk in letting his younger brother Dave—recovering addict, six-time felon—back into his life and business Read more
FROM OUR PARTNERS
- New Data on Success
- New book BUSINESS BRILLIANT by Inc.com blogger Lewis Schiff
- The rugged Torque
- Buy 1 Kyocera Torque, get 4 free. Only at Sprint. Restrictions apply.
- Undesk your desk phone:
- ShoreTel Dock for iPad/iPhone. BYOD better.
- Servers up to 45% off
- Technology optimized for today, but scalable for growing business needs.
- PCs You can Trust
- Discover how an ASUS PC with leading reliability is fit for your business
- Louisiana Advantage
- Custom-fit opportunity. Louisianaadvantage.com
- Old Dominion
- No matter what you ship, your business is our business. Visit odpromises.com.
- Save on business PCs
- Get business performance: Ultrabook™ styles, PCs, and more! Click for deals