Letting go of an employee is one of the hardest things a manager can do. But there's no use making excuses. Read more
Firing and Layoffs
Recent Firing and Layoffs Articles
Use this checklist after terminating an employee to ensure that you, your employees, and your company remain secure. Read more
A reporter announces he's gotten his dream job on his blog only to have the company rescind the offer in response. Who's in the wrong? Read more
A mother's attempt to save her son spotlights holes in the Family and Medical Leave Act: It doesn't apply to businesses with fewer than 50 employees. Read more
A National Labor Relations Board judge says workers fired for off-duty griping about their jobs on Facebook should be re-hired. Read more
Some Michigan hospitals are making flu shots and other vaccines mandatory for employees. Read more
A museum fires an employee of 23 years after he shows a DVD about the practice to a colleague. Read more
The short answer: When you're prepared to accept it's a risk. Read more
A Houston woman is suing her former employer, claiming the company fired her for refusing to hide her age. Read more
FROM OUR PARTNERS
- Smarty Pants
- Maryland – #1 in Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- New Data on Success
- New book BUSINESS BRILLIANT by Inc.com blogger Lewis Schiff
- Old Dominion
- No matter what you ship, your business is our business. Visit odpromises.com.
- Constant Contact
- Over 500,000 Small Businesses Use Constant Contact®. Safe, Simple.
- The rugged Torque
- Buy 1 Kyocera Torque, get 4 free. Only at Sprint. Restrictions apply.
- AT&T Enhanced PTT
- Switch to AT&T Enhanced Push-to-Talk and get a free Samsung Rugby III.
- Undesk your desk phone:
- ShoreTel Dock for iPad/iPhone. BYOD better.
- Business Essentials
- Represent Your Company With A Custom Name Badge. Find It Here!
- Servers up to 45% off
- Technology optimized for today, but scalable for growing business needs.
- PCs You can Trust
- Discover how an ASUS PC with leading reliability is fit for your business