Success is wonderful, but there are substantial benefits to failure as well. The list below is based upon a conversation with one of the world's top motivational speakers, Art Mortell author of The Courage to Fail:
- Failure teaches you more than success, especially about yourself.
- Failure renews your humility and sharpens your objectivity.
- Failure creates the perfect opportunity to try out new ideas.
- Failure helps you make corrections so that you stay on target.
- Failure makes you more mature and more resilient.
- Failure reminds you to be kinder to yourself and those around you.
- Failure is a "badge of courage" because you dared to take the risk.
- Failure develops the all-important emotion of patience.
- Failure warns you to not take things so personally (or so seriously).
- Failure grounds your self-esteem on who you are, not what you do.
Like this post? If so, sign up for the free Sales Source newsletter.