12 Great Motivational Quotes for 2013
At the start of every year, I create a list of quotes to guide and inspire me for the next 12 months. Here are the quotes I've selected for 2013:
- "Cherish your visions and your dreams as they are the children of your soul, the blueprints of your ultimate achievements."
- "The key to success is to focus our conscious mind on things we desire not things we fear."
- "Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get."
- "Obstacles are necessary for success because in selling, as in all careers of importance, victory comes only after many struggles and countless defeats."
- "A real decision is measured by the fact that you've taken a new action. If there's no action, you haven't truly decided."
- "If you can't control your anger, you are as helpless as a city without walls waiting to be attacked."
The Book of Proverbs
- A mediocre person tells. A good person explains. A superior person demonstrates. A great person inspires others to see for themselves."
- "Freedom, privileges, options, must constantly be exercised, even at the risk of inconvenience."
- "Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
- "You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want."
- "The number of times I succeed is in direct proportion to the number of times I can fail and keep on trying."
- "You have everything you need to build something far bigger than yourself."
Readers: I want to begin this year with a huge burst of motivation. Can you help me out? What quotes or thoughts inspire YOU to be the best that you can be? (Leave a comment!)
GEOFFREY JAMES | Columnist
Geoffrey James was recently named a "Top 40 Social Selling Marketing Master" by Forbes, and his blog has won awards from the Society of American Business Editors and the American Society of Business Publication Editors. His writing has appeared in publications as diverse as Wired, Brandweek, and Men's Health, and he is the author of numerous books, including The Tao of Programming, Business Wisdom of the Electronic Elite, and, most recently, Business Without the Bullsh*t: 49 Secrets and Shortcuts You Need to Know.