12 Great Motivational Quotes for 2013
At the start of every year, I create a list of quotes to guide and inspire me for the next 12 months. Here are the quotes I've selected for 2013:
- "Cherish your visions and your dreams as they are the children of your soul, the blueprints of your ultimate achievements."
- "The key to success is to focus our conscious mind on things we desire not things we fear."
- "Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get."
- "Obstacles are necessary for success because in selling, as in all careers of importance, victory comes only after many struggles and countless defeats."
- "A real decision is measured by the fact that you've taken a new action. If there's no action, you haven't truly decided."
- "If you can't control your anger, you are as helpless as a city without walls waiting to be attacked."
The Book of Proverbs
- A mediocre person tells. A good person explains. A superior person demonstrates. A great person inspires others to see for themselves."
- "Freedom, privileges, options, must constantly be exercised, even at the risk of inconvenience."
- "Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
- "You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want."
- "The number of times I succeed is in direct proportion to the number of times I can fail and keep on trying."
- "You have everything you need to build something far bigger than yourself."
Readers: I want to begin this year with a huge burst of motivation. Can you help me out? What quotes or thoughts inspire YOU to be the best that you can be? (Leave a comment!)
Geoffrey James, a contributing editor for Inc.com, is an author, speaker, and award-winning blogger. Originally a system architect, brand manager, and industry analyst inside two Fortune 100 companies, he's interviewed more than a thousand successful executives, managers, entrepreneurs, and gurus to discover how business really works. His most recent book is Business Without the Bullsh*t: 49 Secrets and Shortcuts You Need to Know. If you enjoyed this post, sign up for the free weekly Sales Source newsletter.