10 Beliefs of Top Salespeople
A while back, I had a conversation about "having the right attitude " with Tom Black, author of "The Boxcar Millionaire." He gave me a list of personal beliefs that he's observed in top salespeople. Here's that list, slightly edited.
- I believe that people are as happy as they want to be.
- I am persistent even in the face of disappointment.
- I constantly improve my knowledge and skills.
- I think BIG even when I'm dealing with the small-minded.
- I am truly committed to being of service to others.
- I am willing to leave my comfort zones.
- I am a consummate professional and behave accordingly.
- I accept change as a part of life, willingly and completely.
- I make decisions quickly and then take immediate action.
- I take full responsibility for my performance.
As I think back on all the successful people that I've met over the years, I can't think of one that didn't share these beliefs, regardless of whether they worked in sales or in some other area.
How about you? What do you believe? Leave a comment.
Like this post? If so, sign up for the free Sales Source newsletter.
GEOFFREY JAMES | Columnist
Geoffrey James was recently named a "Top 40 Social Selling Marketing Master" by Forbes, and his blog has won awards from the Society of American Business Editors and the American Society of Business Publication Editors. His writing has appeared in publications as diverse as Wired, Brandweek, and Men's Health, and he is the author of numerous books, including The Tao of Programming, Business Wisdom of the Electronic Elite, and, most recently, Business Without the Bullsh*t: 49 Secrets and Shortcuts You Need to Know.