10 Beliefs of Top Salespeople
A while back, I had a conversation about "having the right attitude " with Tom Black, author of "The Boxcar Millionaire." He gave me a list of personal beliefs that he's observed in top salespeople. Here's that list, slightly edited.
- I believe that people are as happy as they want to be.
- I am persistent even in the face of disappointment.
- I constantly improve my knowledge and skills.
- I think BIG even when I'm dealing with the small-minded.
- I am truly committed to being of service to others.
- I am willing to leave my comfort zones.
- I am a consummate professional and behave accordingly.
- I accept change as a part of life, willingly and completely.
- I make decisions quickly and then take immediate action.
- I take full responsibility for my performance.
As I think back on all the successful people that I've met over the years, I can't think of one that didn't share these beliefs, regardless of whether they worked in sales or in some other area.
How about you? What do you believe? Leave a comment.
Like this post? If so, sign up for the free Sales Source newsletter.
GEOFFREY JAMES | Columnist
Geoffrey James is an author, speaker, and award-winning blogger. Originally a system architect, brand manager, and industry analyst inside two Fortune 100 companies, he's interviewed over a thousand successful executives, managers, entrepreneurs, and gurus to discover how business really works. His most recent book is Business Without the Bullsh*t: 49 Secrets and Shortcuts You Need to Know.