Simple, everyday cost-shaving strategies can help get your business off the ground. Or, if you're further along in the process, these strategies can help you grow your business faster.
Simple, Everyday Cost-Shaving Strategies
- Accounting: Streamline Procedures
- Fine-tuning accounting procedures and comparison shopping for banks can help improve your company's cash flow.
- Cost Cutting: The Layoff-Free Way
- Cutting costs doesn't have to mean cutting your employees. Here are five creative ways to save money your business -- none of them involving layoffs.
- Cost Cutting: The Money Pit
- They're the line item from hell: telecom costs. Most companies charges have doubled while rates have actually fallen. Here's how to get a grip on them.
- Energy: Save Money on Energy Costs
- Inc.com directs you to some of the Web's best resources for managing energy costs at your small business.
- Nickel and Dime: Pennies From Heaven
- Reining in the high cost of business travel.
- Office Space: Five Ways to Save Money
- Keeping rent low is a great way to keep your overall costs down. Here are five tips for doing just that, along with a checklist for negotiating the best deal before you sign on the dotted line.
Hot Tips: Easy Targets and Goals
- Hot Tip: Team Up with Competition
- Save money on material costs by teaming up with your competition.
- Hot Tip: Keep Hiring Costs Down
- Keep your recruitng costs low by asking friends in the industry for leads to good candidates.
- Health Insurance Tips
- Keeping an eye on costs and making reductions where they matter can help keep this key benefit affordable.
- IT Tips: Cost Reset
- Before you make those IT cuts, develop a plan to optimize expenses and maintain quality performance.
- Hot Tip: Pay Bills Early, Earn Money
- Chris Zane of Zane's Cycles earns his salary with the money he saves by paying his company bills early.
- Expenses: Set Cost-Cutting Targets
- Rethink each expense and how you can reduce it.
- Telecommuting: Send Employees Home
- Is rent putting a tight squeeze on your company's cash? Try setting up your employees at home.
- Expenses: Reigning In Inventory Costs
- For small retailers, effectively managing inventory is crucial to cutting costs and maintaining strong sales.
- Expenses: Mobile Device Management
- A single iPhone can cost a company thousands, annually, to maintain. Here's how to curb mobile expenses as workplaces become increasingly dependent on smartphones and PDAs.
Worthwhile Tools and Resources
- 45 Ideas That Can Save Your Business Money
- 45 money-saving ideas that can help your company do more with less.
- A Can't-Miss Plan for Cutting Costs
- Here's how Mike Scimeca drastically cut costs at his chemicals-and-metals supply company after revenue growth slowed.
- Cost-Control Diet
- Trim financial fat from your business's expenses.
- Quiz: Are You A Penny Pincher?
- When you're building a business, it pays to pinch pennies. But are you as thrifty as you could be? Take this quiz and find out.
PRINT THIS ARTICLE