How to Manage Employee Compensation
Advice on what to pay employees, how to develop winning teams, and whether it's smart to share equity with members of your staff.
- Compensation is a complex and strategically critical issue for businesses today. We've gathered the best inc.com checklists, benchmarks, and advice to help you get a handle on it.
- Developing Winning Teams
- Use this collection of tips and techniques -- the best inc.com has to offer -- to help you attract team players and build strong teams.
- Employee Ownership
- Sharing business ownership with employees is hot these days. Use this collection of articles to help you learn about the types of equity plans available to your growing company.
- Equity as Compensation
- Using equity as a currency is a tricky and complex matter. Whether your taking stock options in lieu of cash or using them to retain and recruit employees, this inc.com guide will help you do it wisely.
- Executive Recruiting
- If you thought finding good entry-level help was tough in this troublesome talent market, try locating a chief technology officer, a director of operations, or even your successor. But fear not, we're here to help. Start your executive search right here with the best advice inc.
- Hiring Your First Employee
- Your business is growing so fast that soon you'll be not only your own boss, but someone else's as well. It's time to hire your first employee, and Inc.com has the help you need.
- Motivating Employees
- Employee motivation can be as individual as the people who work for you. We've gathered the best and most interesting techniques used by successful entrepreneurs so that you can find out what inspires your employees and figure out a way to give it to them.
- Finding even one employee in today's talent drought is tough; finding an entire staff may seem impossible. We've gathered the best inc.com resources to help you meet the challenge.
- Recruiting and Retention Secrets of Inc. 500 Alumni
- What company would know more about getting and keeping talented employees than a former Inc. 500 company? We've gathered some of their best secrets here.
- Whether you're moving your business by choice or by chance, this guide offers the insight and experiences of those who have relocated their companies, their employees, or, in many cases, both.
- Open-Book Management
- Explore the pros and cons of opening your books to employees.
- Want to get the most from your employees? Offer them more than raises and promotions -- give them the opportunity to learn. Inc.com's guide to training employees offers basic training techniques and creative alternatives to providing your employees an education.