It takes more than a healthy sense of corporate community to translate into a thriving online community. So at inc.com, we have put together links to a collection of resources on the subject of online community -- resources specifically targeted to small businesses.
Techniques and Tips
From e-mail to extranets, here are some of the ways the Internet can help your business make crucial connections.
- Does Internet Recruiting Work?
- One needs to look beyond career sites and job boards to see the ultimate opportunities for finding workers online.
- Grist: Don't Ignore Corporate Graffiti
- The thoughts and scribblings of today's "prophetic minorities" are everywhere--especially on the Internet. Companies should not ignore the lessons contained in this corporate graffiti.
- Cut-Rate Collaboration
- Learn about free or inexpensive intranet tools.
- Your Community of Customers
- Examine the ways in which you communicate with customers.
- A Fine and Private Page
- Should you password-protect part of your site to use for sensitive business communication?
- Logging On the Web
- Never heard of Web logging? Read on.
- In Praise of E-mail
- It's humble. It's commonplace. But e-mail remains one of the Web's most powerful business tools.
Case Studies: Small Companies that Build Online Community
Read about entrepreneurial companies that have successfully used the Web as a community-building tool.
- Online Relationships
- Discover how Inc. 500 companies are improving business communication via the Web.
- The Thing That Would Not Die
- Read the saga of one toy company that developed a great online community -- and then almost killed it.
- Best of the Small Business Web: Full of Bean Counters
- One small seminar company used its Web site to create a brand -- and forge longer-lasting relationships with customers.
Community Is No Panacea
If you think creating an online community is easy, automatic, or appropriate for every small business, get the rude awakening here.
- The Myth of Community
- One entrepreneurial company learned from experience that not every business should try to create an online community.
- Community: A Word from the Experts
- There's a lot of hype about online community. Here, experts offer a reality check.
- Community or Ghost Town?
- If you build it, will they come?
- Easy Come, Easy Go
- Avoid these five community-killing mistakes.
PRINT THIS ARTICLE