How to Find an Angel Investor
When you're in search of financing, the idea of an angel -- an individual investor with money to invest in early-stage or start-up companies -- can seem nothing short of enchanting. But where do you find an angel? This guide will help you start your search.
Searching for Angels
- Angels in America
- Here are some profiles of a select group of angel investors, including links to their websites.
- A Twist of Fate
- Movie producer John Davis was such a fan of Wetzel's Pretzels that one day he decided to see if he could buy a piece of the company.
- Who Exactly are Angel Investors?
- Not quite sure who's an angel? Understand how they work, and when and how an entrepreneur should seek them out.
- Making Friends: The Name of the Angel Game
- Who are the best people to lead you to angels? Just about anybody you encounter.
- The Do-It-Yourself Angel Round
- Getting serious about growing your company but can't afford to hire an investment bank? Here's how Mark Torrance, CEO of StockMaster.com, raised capital without surrendering big chunks of equity.
- Local Area Network
- Looking in her own backyard, Carol Latham, founder of Thermagon Inc., in Cleveland, discovered angels that she could trust and learn from.
- Directory of Angel-Investor Networks
- Angel investor networks are a good place to start looking for funding. These national and local groups of angels meet -- formally or informally -- to discuss deals and learn about the best new business opportunities.
- SLIDESHOW: Angels with Angles
- Here are a number of high profile angel investors and what they consider to be good investments.
- Angels with Angles
- Angel investors are changing. Here's what they're looking for, how they operate, and (because the devil is in the exit strategy) what they expect for their money
- Earning Your Wings
- Angel investors are getting tougher. To land seed money, you should, too.
- What Does It Take to Impress an Angel Investor?
- What kinds of businesses get angels' halos shining? The kinds they can understand and whose management they know can carry it off.
- Seven Steps to Heaven
- It pays to think like an angel -- investor, that is. Angel and author David Amis explains what you need to know about getting financing in these tough times.
- The Private-Capital Survival Guide
- Despite the current economic climate, private-capital deals are more appealing than ever.