How to Start and Run a Business: Advice for Women
A look at business opportunities for women, plus loans and grants that are available to women-run companies.
- Role Models:
- 5 Moms Who Built Great Companies
- A look at women who achieved entrepreneurial success while raising a family.
- How I Did It: Margot Fraser of Birkenstock, USA
- A successful entrepreneurial recalls 40 years of Peace, love, and clunky sandals.
- Reality Cites
- Emotiv co-founder Tan Le certainly doesn't lack ambition. "We have an opportunity to revolutionize the way people interact with technology," she says.
- The Way I Word: Esssie Weingarten of Essie Cosmetics
- She sells to more than 250,000 salons and spas worldwide, from Denver to Dubai, and shoppers spend $150 million a year on her products.
- Business Advice:
- Finding the Perfect Business Partner
- Finding that second person to help build your business idea into the next household name is no easy task. A good business partner shares your vision and enthusiasm, bringing expertise in the areas in which you are inexperienced.
- Finding a Mentor
- From resources for finding and choosing a mentor to sage advice from famous mentors to making a mentor/mentee relationship work, you'll discover ways to uncover a mentor that you can truly look up to.
- Finding Balance
- Inc.com offers its best articles on finding and maintaining a healthy work-life balance, from tips on simplifying and finding time to exercise, to advice on juggling work and family responsibilities.
- Balancing Marriage and Business
- Columnist Meg Cadoux Hirshberg talks about the tension that developed in any marriage involving an ambitious entrepreneur.
- Improve Your Communication Skills
- If the thought of speaking in front of an audience sends you into a cold sweat, then this Inc.com guide is for you.
- Financing: Where to Find It
- To help you in your search for funding, we've rounded up some resources that provide sweeping overview of your options, and provide some good examples on how to secure the financing your growing company needs.
- Overcoming Burnout
- If you're veering toward burnout or already feeling exhausted beyond repair, Inc.com can help you become reinvigorated. These selected articles and resources will shed light on the common yet treatable problem of burnout.
PRINT THIS ARTICLE