Summer Reading List: Online Essentials
Ah, summer--time to get away from it all for a while, right? These days, the answer for too many people is ... "Um, maybe." All our wireless devices and downloadable content make it harder than ever for some folks to disconnect, unplug, and get off the grid.
If you're the type who simply can't resist the opportunity to catch up on the latest in digital trends and marketing news--besides getting your daily dose of Inc.com, of course--I've compiled this handy list for you:
Digital Business & Marketing News
Some of my go-to resources to help keep me in the know on include:
- AdAge Digital
- MediaPost Publications
- Marketing VOX
- Search Engine Land
- Search Engine Watch
Research & Analysis
If you like consuming the latest stats, facts and prognostications, these resources are for you:
Need a business read you can really sink your teeth into? Try one of these titles:
- Here Comes Everybody: The Power of Organizing Without Organizations by Clay Shirky
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Daniel Pink
- Groundswell: Winning in a World Transformed by Social Technologies by Charline Li and Josh Bernoff
- Any of Wiley's comprehensive digital marketing "Hour a Day" series, including yours truly's "Twitter Marketing: An Hour a Day."
- And for those of you really enjoying your vacation and wondering how you can turn that into more of a lifestyle, you might enjoy The 4-Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss
This is by no means an exhaustive list of the business reading currently available. And you might not want to stick to my recommendations: Just add the "Reading List by Amazon" module on LinkedIn (see the example at right) to see what your connections are reading at any given time.
Speaking of book recommendations: What's on your list? Please sign in below and let us know.
PRINT THIS ARTICLE