5 Examples of a Great Customer Experience
The term "customer experience" is all the rage these days. It's about how a consumer interacts with a specific company or brand, whether that be online or offline.
Right now, we're in the process of making our future customer experience amazing throughout all of our properties, from email marketing to Web hosting to logo design. Something as small as a way for customers to sign in just once and have access to all of our great services is something we're viciously doing behind the scenes.
And as a result, I've noticed some customer experiences where a little means a lot in the world of engaging customers--but more importantly, delighting them.
You've got so many points at which to gain respect from people who want to do business with you. And you know what? It can be simple. Here are five examples:
- Have you gone to a restaurant where you can put your bags and coats on the hooks under the table?
- Have you gone for groceries, and the store gives you a handy wipe to get the germs off your hands (and to wipe that cart)?
- Have you gone into a store where you don't have to pay for a reusable bag?
- Have you visited an e-commerce site where you actually don't have to dig around for self-help?
- And what about businesses that still answer the phone when you call them?
All of these simple strategies can lead to a great customer experience if you push for it. Take a big holistic look at your business to make sure you're making the best it can be, end to end. Every little bit counts.