Spring is the time of rebirth and inspiration. Here are some amazing quotes to help you start the season with a refreshed outlook.
As a California native happily transplanted in New York, I have a real appreciation for the beginning of Spring. I love the sweet smell in the air, the sounds of the birds, and the hints of warm summer to come. It is indeed a time of rebirth, of new beginnings. The business world has also woken up from its winter grind with opportunities sprouting right and left.
In college a friend gave me this classic quote on beginning: "Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it!"
It was originally attributed to Goethe but is in fact actually a very loosely based translation from Faust. The actual source is less important than the fact that I have kept it written where I see it everyday to inspire me. That it has done so for over 25 years shows the power great quotes can have.
So here is my Spring quote selection complete with links to books related to each of the authors, so you can learn more about them (a great Spring reading list). There are 18 because in Hebrew that number represents life. I hope there is at least one that inspires your life this Spring as well, and perhaps for 25 years.
9. "Every single cell in the human body replaces itself over a period of seven years. That means there's not even the smallest part of you now that was part of you seven years ago." Steven Hall
10. "Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive." Howard Thurman
11. "The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life." Steve Jobs
12. "Begin today. Declare out loud to the universe that you are willing to let go of struggle and eager to learn through joy." Sarah Ban Breathnach
13. "There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth... not going all the way, and not starting." Buddha
14. "There are some things one can only achieve by a deliberate leap in the opposite direction." Franz Kafka
15. "Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort." Franklin D. Roosevelt
16. "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending." Maria Robinson
17. "I think there is something more important than believing: Action! The world is full of dreamers. There aren't enough who will move ahead and begin to take concrete steps to actualize their vision." W. Clement Stone