A Quick Humor Lesson From Yogi Berra
It's great to always learn and look for ways to improve yourself, but it is just as important to enjoy the moment, have a laugh and be a human being (vs. a human doing) with your team.
So, with baseball season in full swing, I thought it was a good time to keep it light.
Baseball is not only the great American pastime, but it is also the source of some great humor.
These one-liners from baseball icon, Yogi Berra, will tickle your funny bone and can also trigger some stimulating discussion.
- "You can observe a lot just by watching."
- "I wish I had an answer to that because I'm tired of answering that question."
- "Ninety percent of this game is half-mental."
- "When asked what he would do if he found a million dollars: 'I would try to find the person that lost it, and if he was poor--I'd give it back.'"
- "Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours."
- "You better cut that pizza in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six."
- "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."
- "It was impossible to get a conversation going, everybody was talking too much."
So, share these with your team to lighten up the moment, brighten up their day and ignite their best thinking.
For more practical tips to elevate your leadership, subscribe to the author's FREE newsletter.
LEE COLAN | Columnist
Lee Colan is founder of the L Group, a consulting firm that equips and inspires leaders at every level. He is a leadership adviser, presenter of practical ideas, and a Thinkers 50 nominee for Top Management Thinker.