Many smart economic and political forecasters have been discussing the implications of the upcoming presidential election on the economy, on taxes, on your wallet, and on your company.
I'll be writing more about this as the election season progresses, but I'm hoping some of you will help me get the conversation started by answering a few questions about your expectations for how a McCain Administration or an Obama Administration would differ on issues that affect business owners. For example:
1) Do you think either candidate will make it tougher to do business?
2) Do you think either candidate will attempt to raise capital gains taxes?
3) Would the election of either candidate make you more inclined to sell your business?
4) Would the election of either candidate bring your retirement into closer reach? Make it seem more distant?
5) Are the above issues more or less important to you when it comes to casting a vote than your party loyalties, your family values, or your concern about world affairs and security?
LEWIS SCHIFF | Inc. Business Owners Council
Lewis Schiff is the executive director of the Inc. Business Owners Council. His latest book is Business Brilliant: Surprising Lessons From the Greatest Self-Made Business Icons.