For more information on paper companies and the environment, consider --
* "Papermaking and Our Small Planet," a 6-page pamphlet that discusses global warming, the pulping process, and recycling. S.D. Warren Co., Idea Exchange, 225 Franklin St., Boston, MA 02110; (617) 423-7300.
* "Scott and the Environment," a 36-page brochure that explains Scott Paper Co.'s use of raw materials; manufacturing; and product packaging, use, and disposal. Scott Paper Co., Scott Plaza, Philadelphia, PA 19113; (215) 522-5000.
* Office Recycling Kit. Seven-part packet includes statements, newsletter, and articles such as "Get Real!" a 10-page primer on recycling and a guide to "environmentally sound" paper. Conservatree Paper Company, 10 Lombard St., Suite 250, San Francisco, CA 94111; (800) 522-9200; fax (415) 391-7890. Price: $12 per kit.
* "With the Environment in Mind: Weyerhaeuser Pulp & Paper Products," an 18-page brochure that gives a rundown of recycling "myths." Also, "Solid Waste/ Recycling and the Pulp and Paper Industry," a 6-page newsletter on uses of and limits to recycling. Weyerhaeuser Paper Co., CH 3E32, Attention: Environmental Information, Tacoma, WA 98477; (206) 924-2153.
* "Solid Waste Solutions: Westvaco's Initiatives for the Future," a three-page brief on the company's use of innovative packaging, recycling, incineration, and landfills. Westvaco Corp., 299 Park Ave., New York, NY 10171; (212) 688-5000; fax (212) 319-6510. -- Susan Greco* * *