A one-minute office routine for pampering your spine.
An office routine for pampering your spine:
1. Stand up; kick off your shoes.
2. Roll back on your heels, then up on your toes.
3. Stand flat-footed, close your eyes, and wiggle hands and fingers.
4. Breath in deeply and slowly, pushing chest up and out; exhale.
5. Lift your shoulders toward your ears, then push them back.
6. Relax shoulders and arms. Turn head slowly to right, then left.
7. Repeat until the minute's up.
Adapted from Sitting on the Job, a collection of microexercises and tips for the sedentary, by chiropractor Scott W. Donkin; for this book and related information, contact the Foundation for Chiropractic Education and Research at 800-622-6309. -- Robert A. Mamis