- Average 2004 revenue: $31.1 million
- Aggregate 2004 revenue: $3.1 billion
- People employed by the 2006 Inner City 100 companies: 17,181
- New jobs created by the companies from 2000 to 2004: 10,381
Who lives in the inner city?
- 34%of the employees of IC 100 companies
- 44%of the rank-and-file employees
- 26%of the mid-level/skilled employees
- 17%of the senior management
- Why the inner city? 47%of CEOs say commitment to community.
- The average hourly wage at these companies: $14.54
- The median amount of start-up capital: $50,000
- Biggest challenge to growth? Recruiting, say 43%of CEOs.