10 Questions for Kevin Rose
1. What's your favorite part of a typical day?
First thing in the morning, when I have a cup of tea. It's the calm before the storm.
2. What's the least glamorous thing you do in the line of duty?
I still check Digg for spam.
3. What skill would you most like to improve?
My rock-climbing ability.
4. What's the simplest thing you never learned to do?
I can't dance at all. It's bad, ultranerdy bouncing.
5. If you could go back and do something differently, what would it be?
I wish I had finished my computer science degree. Sometimes, I'll be sitting around on a weekend and think, It'd be fun if I could just write a software app really quickly.
6. What part of your job would you gladly give up?
The travel. I'm on the road three or four times a month.
7. What keeps you up at night?
Not knowing what's going to be on the homepage in the morning. It seems like Digg is always at the center of attention every six months or so -- either for breaking news or some controversy. It's always fine at the end of the day, but you never know when it's going to hit.
8. Who's the smartest person you know?
Anton Kast, who is our lead scientist at Digg. I can see the math flying through his head.
9. If you were going to start a business in another industry, what would it be?
A tea company that sources from the United States. There's only one big tea plantation in the U.S. I'd love to get in there and make some specialized tea.
10. What's the most fun you have ever had at work?
For me, it's not a party or anything like that. It's the excitement of launching a new product. We get to the office at 5 in the morning, someone goes and gets breakfast burritos, and we all sit around and just get excited. Those are the best days.
PRINT THIS ARTICLE