Entrepreneurs spent 2010 debating the Big Questions. Is the health care bill good or evil? Is Facebook good or evil? If Russell Simmons can persuade the U.S. Senate to modify financial-reform legislation to exempt his prepaid debit card business from a cap on fees, how come I can't persuade my local zoning board to let me put a bike rack in front of my building? Such marquee issues commanded attention, but other business stories kept popping up like ads on an unblocked website. Take this quiz to see how well you have kept up.
1. A 17-year-old Moscow high schooler took the digital world by storm with a website that
2. Which of the following phrases was not used to characterize a new business this year?
3. A start-up that won outsize attention -- including a Today segment -- with its plan to let people publish anonymous online reviews of colleagues and bosses responded to the controversy by
4. Starbucks annoyed left-leaning latte lappers by
5. A county government agency in Oregon took a sledgehammer to free enterprise when it
6. Which of the following did über-entrepreneur Elon Musk not accomplish this year?
7. Which of the following was not cited by a major publication as a good source of business lessons?
8. The international organization that manages Web addresses tentatively approved a British entrepreneur's plan to sell domain names that end with
9. Responding to outrage over a $45 fee for carry-on luggage, Spirit Airlines CEO Ben Baldanza
10. Which of the following was not proposed by an entrepreneur to BP in response to the Deepwater Horizon debacle?
11. Which of the following stories pairing Google with insects is not true?
12. Which of the following workplace behaviors was not increasingly encouraged by businesses this year?
1. C 2. D 3. B 4. A 5. A 6. D 7. D 8. A 9. B 10. D 11. C 12.D
Meet 50 Young Entrepreneurs Aiming to Change the World
7 Things Mentally Strong People Never Do
Keep Credit Checks Out Of Employment Decisions
24 Daily Habits That Will Boost Your Intelligence
10 Things HR Doesn't Want You to Know (but I'll Tell You)