This is a meal plan for leaders. Check out what you need to eat to keep you alert and productive.
To start your brain and ensure long-lasting energy, try:
- Egg-white omelet breakfast burrito on whole-grain tortilla
- Steel-cut oatmeal with fruit
- Smoked salmon on whole grain bread
- High-fiber muesli with nuts, fruit, and yogurt
Fill up without bogging down:
- Eat a salad with meat or fish
- A wrap with vegetables
- Veggies and grains are packed with antioxidants to fight fatigue
Sustain energy and focus:
- Eat nuts and berries boost omega-3s and antioxidants
- For something sweet, stick with citrus fruits. They contain pectin fiber, which helps you use the plant sugars slowly--compared with the sugar rush you get from candy.
Lay the foundation for a good night's sleep:
- Have a healthful snack before bed--low glucose levels interfere with sleep. So does alcohol. A better bet: chamomile tea, which helps induce sleep as the body cools after drinking.
[Source: SHL Global Leadership Study]
Why You Should Never, Ever Say These 3 Sentences
3 Most Important Words to Say to Employees After They Screw Up
10 Videos Every Entrepreneur Should Watch
3 Tips That Will Make You a Better Negotiator
7 Signs You’re Not Entrepreneur Material
ADAM BLUESTEIN is a frequent contributor to Inc., writing about health care, innovation, and new technology. He lives with his wife and two children in Burlington, Vermont.@AdamBluestein