E-Diaries: With Andrew Raskin
Follow the entrepreneurial odyssey of Andrew Raskin, a New York salaryman who heads to San Francisco and launches an Internet start-up. Raskin's chronicles are at times hilarious, at times poignant.
Andrew Raskin cofounded Gazooba Corp. (now known as Qbiquity) and served as its first CEO. Raskin's E-Diaries columns chronicle his entrepreneurial odyssey at Gazooba and beyond.
Columns and Articles by Andrew Raskin
- Where Have All the Dot-Commers Gone?
- Sitting behind the wheel of a taxicab. Wearing leather and wielding a whip. You never know where an ex-dot-commer will turn up next.
- Menu Driven
- A food zealot chases his fortune on the Web, even though content sites are no longer the dish du jour.
- Confessions of a Nonserial Entrepreneur
- There are plenty of second acts in business, but this company founder looks forward to a long intermission.
- Take This Deal and Shove It
- Funding. Everyone in the Bay Area seems to need it, but oddly enough, CEOs are rebuffing venture capitalists more and more. The reason: check out those term sheets.
- Tragedy Tomorrow, Dot-Comedy Tonight
- Lights! Camera! Options! A new film dissects the sad but all too familiar tale of an Internet start-up.
- I Might Just Take You Up On That
- Andrew Raskin, Inc.'s intrepid young entrepreneur, explores some interesting offers from that have come his way.
- I've Got Mail
- Readers comfort once and future CEO Andrew Raskin with empathy and job offers.
- The Pause that Refreshes
- A former CEO enjoys an enforced time-out while keeping those pesky ideas at bay.
- I Really Must Be Going
- Company founders and their businesses don't always grow at the same pace or in the same direction. Andy Raskin, author of Inc.'s E-Diaries columns, bids farewell to his firstborn company.
- There's a New Man in Town
- Pressured by his venture capital backers, Gazooba founder Andrew Raskin makes room for a new CEO.
- Let the Good Times Roll
- Sure, your employees are challenged and fulfilled. But are they having fun? Andrew Raskin describes his efforts to create a truly competitive levity package in this installment of E-diaries.
- Bridge Financing over the River Scared
- Popular wisdom holds that Internet companies can change business models on a dime. Actually, it takes a whole lot of dimes.
- Gimme Shelter
- Forget the Holy Grail -- try finding office space in the Bay Area. Here's how Gazooba CEO Andrew Raskin cracked the San Francisco real estate market in six weeks and lived to tell the tale.
- There's No Such Thing as a Free Launch
- Andrew Raskin, CEO of Gazooba.com, prepares to wow investors with a unique presentation at an industry conference.
- Take My Job Offer, Please. Pretty Please
- These days everyone is playing hard to get, from PR agencies to employees. A look at Gazooba.com founder Andrew Raskin's education in the fine art of begging.
- The Game of the Name
- Searching for the perfect name for your business? Here's why Internet start-up Gazooba.com chose an independent consultant over a high-profile firm to help build its identity.
- Episode I: A New Beginning
- Andrew Raskin, an otherwise sane New York company man, chronicles why he has flung himself into the mad world of Silicon Valley start-ups.