I've always touted the wisdom of learning from the successes and failures of your virtual mentors: People you don't know personally but from whom there is much to learn. Even the busiest entrepreneur can find great value in devouring books by those they admire. But sometimes, bogged down with deadlines and trudging through the day, we just need a quick dose of motivation.
I've done the work for you and collected the 10 quick hits of inspiration. Consider this a 5-Hour Energy Shot for your business.
1. "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel, author better known as Dr. Seuss
2. "Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door." -- Coco Chanel, founder Chanel
3. "Lead the life that will make you kindly and friendly to everyone about you, and you will be surprised what a happy life you will lead." -- Charles M. Schwab, steel magnate
4. "Success, in a generally accepted sense of the term, means the opportunity to experience and to realize to the maximum the forces that are within us." -- David Sarnoff, radio and television pioneer
5. "You don't have to be a genius or a visionary or even a college graduate to be successful. You just need a framework and a dream." -- Michael Dell, founder of Dell
6. "We focus on two things when hiring. First, find the best people you can in the world. And second, let them do their work. Just get out of their way." -- Matthew Mullenweg, founding developer of WordPress
7. "Twitter was not started because we had a good idea. It was started out of a failure. And that can happen today." -- Jack Dorsey, founder of Twitter
8. "If you think you're too small to have an impact, try going to bed with a mosquito." -- Anita Roddick, founder of The Body Shop
9. "The delicate balance of mentoring someone is not creating them in your own image, but giving them the opportunity to create themselves." -- Steven Spielberg, film director, screenwriter, and producer
10. "It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might has well not have lived at all, in which case you have failed by default." -- J.K. Rowling, novelist
What is your favorite inspiring quote? Share it here!