In honor of National Small Business Week, Paychex—the payroll, HR, and benefits company—has launched an online business resource kit for entrepreneurs. The site features articles and tools from Paychex, links to online resources from the U.S. Small Business Administration, and a small business owners' guide. You'll find business plan templates, a business loan application checklist, a guide to payroll processing, and a variety of other information.
Each day of National Small Business Week, the site will focus on a different topic related to running a small business, including financing and hiring. Today's topic? Regulations, including those related to Cobra requirements and payroll processing. You can also brush up on your knowledge of child labor laws. For example, the guide points out that it's illegal for a 16- or 17-year-old worker to clean a meat slicer or operate a nail gun. Up next? An in-depth guide to insurance.
Wondering just how much your business is worth? Next week, BizBuySell.com, the business-for-sale website, will be giving away 250 free business valuation reports in celebration of National Small Business Week. The promotion will run on a first come, first served basis from May 16 to May 20. The valuation report will calculate a suggested asking price for your business by benchmarking it against businesses in the same industry. Business owners can redeem their free valuation report by visiting the BizBuySell site starting Monday.
Xobni, which makes a free Microsoft Outlook plug-in that helps you manage your inbox, has launched the Xobni Gadget Store. If you already have Xobni installed, you can visit the store and download 'gadgets' from a variety of services, including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Then, you can access content from your accounts--think Facebook and Twitter status updates--right in Outlook.
The store features a slew of business-friendly gadgets, including one from Dropbox, which lets you browse and share Dropbox files from Outlook, and Evernote, which lets you take notes on your Xobni contacts, browse notes, and associate them with a contact. The store also features a variety of gadgets for collaboration, including Salesforce Chatter, Huddle, and Yammer.
Another plus? Most of the gadgets are free, although you'll need a subscription to paid services, such as Salesforce, for those add-ons to work.
- A New Way to Prioritize E-mail
- Appsumo's Dropbox Pro Giveaway
- New Toy from Buckyballs Creator
- New Yammer Plug-Ins for Business
- Mobile Websites on the Fly
FROM OUR PARTNERS
- Smarty Pants
- Maryland – #1 in Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- New Data on Success
- New book BUSINESS BRILLIANT by Inc.com blogger Lewis Schiff
- Old Dominion
- No matter what you ship, your business is our business. Visit odpromises.com.
- Constant Contact
- Over 500,000 Small Businesses Use Constant Contact®. Safe, Simple.
- The rugged Torque
- Buy 1 Kyocera Torque, get 4 free. Only at Sprint. Restrictions apply.
- Undesk your desk phone:
- ShoreTel Dock for iPad/iPhone. BYOD better.
- Business Essentials
- Represent Your Company With A Custom Name Badge. Find It Here!
- Servers up to 45% off
- Technology optimized for today, but scalable for growing business needs.
- PCs You can Trust
- Discover how an ASUS PC with leading reliability is fit for your business