No one said that being in business was easy. Whether you own the business, lead it, or work to keep it running from day to day, there are sometimes as many downs as there are ups. Though there's no way to turn every lemon that life hands you into lemonade, sometimes the words of others who understand what we're going through can lift our spirits and give us the wider perspective we need to regain our optimistic outlook.
Here are some of my favorite quotes that are specifically meant to inspire anyone in business.
1. "A company is only as good as the people it keeps." --Mary Kay Ash
2. "When times are bad is when the real entrepreneurs emerge." --Robert Kiyosaki
3. "We need to accept that we won't always make the right decisions, that we'll screw up royally sometimes--understanding that failure is not the opposite of success; it's part of success." --Arianna Huffington
4. "You miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take." --Wayne Gretzky
5. "Don’t be intimidated by what you don’t know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure that you do things differently from everyone else." --Sara Blakely
6. "Define success on your own terms, achieve it by your own rules, and build a life you're proud to live." --Anne Sweeney
7. "Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do." --John Wooden
8. "If you work just for money, you'll never make it, but if you love what you’re doing and you always put the customer first, success will be yours." --Ray Kroc
9. "We cannot change what we are not aware of, and once we are aware, we cannot help but change." --Sheryl Sandberg
10. "Real riches are the riches possessed inside." --B.C. Forbes
11. "I learned to always take on things I'd never done before. Growth and comfort do not coexist." --Virginia Rometty
12. "You only have to do a very few things right in your life so long as you don't do too many things wrong." --Warren Buffett
13. "I feel that luck is preparation meeting opportunity." --Oprah Winfrey
14. "Please think about your legacy, because you're writing it every day." --Gary Vaynerchuk
15. "Success is often achieved by those who don't know that failure is inevitable." --Coco Chanel
16. "There's no shortage of remarkable ideas; what's missing is the will to execute them." --Seth Godin
17. "All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them." --Walt Disney
18. "Be patient with yourself. Self-growth is tender; it's holy ground. There's no greater investment." --Stephen Covey
19. “There is no chance, no destiny, no fate, that can hinder or control the firm resolve of a determined soul." --Ella Wheeler Wilcox
20. "The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary." --Vidal Sassoon
21. "Your time is precious, so don't waste it living someone else's life." --Steve Jobs
Like this post? If so, sign up here and always stay up to date with Peter’s latest thoughts and goings-on.