Gray Hawk Systems
"What it does: Develops data analysis systems for organizations that monitor travel reservations, credit card records, etc., for terrorist activity. Why it's growing: A multimillion-dollar FBI contract. High flier: CEO Pete Howton's first company, Kestrel Associates, made the Inc. 500 from 1993 through 1995. When he left that company after a disagreement with a co-owner, Howton started Gray Hawk and named it "after a bird that could eat a kestrel for lunch." In May, Howton, a disabled vet, sold Gray Hawk for $100 million — and started yet another defense contractor: Kingfisher."
2004 Revenue:$69.4 million
2001 Revenue:$16.6 million
PREVIOUS INC. 5000 RANKINGS
FROM OUR PARTNERS
- New Data on Success
- New book BUSINESS BRILLIANT by Inc.com blogger Lewis Schiff
- The rugged Torque
- Buy 1 Kyocera Torque, get 4 free. Only at Sprint. Restrictions apply.
- Undesk your desk phone:
- ShoreTel Dock for iPad/iPhone. BYOD better.
- Servers up to 45% off
- Technology optimized for today, but scalable for growing business needs.
- PCs You can Trust
- Discover how an ASUS PC with leading reliability is fit for your business
- Louisiana Advantage
- Custom-fit opportunity. Louisianaadvantage.com
- Old Dominion
- No matter what you ship, your business is our business. Visit odpromises.com.
- Save on business PCs
- Get business performance: Ultrabook™ styles, PCs, and more! Click for deals