StumbleUpon is an online content discovery engine that brings users to pages matched to their personal preferences. Users are presented only with those websites suggested by their friends or other 'stumblers' with similar interests. The New York Times likened the experience to "channel surfing the Internet, or rather, a corner of the Internet that is most relevant to you." After a brief period of ownership by eBay, StumbleUpon was bought back to its original start-up status by its founders, backed by Silicon Valley investors, including Ram Shriram (of Sherpalo Ventures), Accel Partners, and August Capital.
2009 Revenue:$5.9 million
Location:San Francisco, CA
FROM OUR PARTNERS
- Smarty Pants
- Maryland – #1 in Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- New Data on Success
- New book BUSINESS BRILLIANT by Inc.com blogger Lewis Schiff
- Old Dominion
- No matter what you ship, your business is our business. Visit odpromises.com.
- Constant Contact
- Over 500,000 Small Businesses Use Constant Contact®. Safe, Simple.
- The rugged Torque
- Buy 1 Kyocera Torque, get 4 free. Only at Sprint. Restrictions apply.
- Undesk your desk phone:
- ShoreTel Dock for iPad/iPhone. BYOD better.
- Business Essentials
- Represent Your Company With A Custom Name Badge. Find It Here!
- Servers up to 45% off
- Technology optimized for today, but scalable for growing business needs.
- PCs You can Trust
- Discover how an ASUS PC with leading reliability is fit for your business