Retail takes a beating, PC sales plummet, craft beer brewers spot a new opportunity, and software geeks now have talent agents. Read more
Strategy and Planning
Recent Strategy and Planning Articles
What happened at the Boston marathon yesterday should only remind you that violence is a fact of American life. Prepare--and be more determined than ever. Read more
Here's how the fashion designer uses social media to stay close to customers. Read more
Margaret Thatcher's leadership style was distinct and dazzling--and is now obsolete. Read more
When a customer demands to speak with me, the owner, about an issue normally resolved by my customer service team, it usually means that the end of our relat... Read more
The would-be flood of overseas tech workers, airports you might want to avoid, and who's up and who's down in the electric car industry. Read more
Whoever said there's no such thing as a bad idea hasn't spent a lot of time crowdsourcing proposals from the general public. Read more
A.G. Lafley, the former CEO of Procter & Gamble, explains how customers can help you define your start-up strategy. Watch video
The March SurePayroll survey reports a tale of two small business economies. Read more
I find some of the best new ideas come from the companies I already work with. Read more
On January 1, 2014, the Affordable Care Act will require businesses with 50 or more full-time employees to offer health insurance. What if you have fewer tha... Read more
How'd Richard Branson, Bill Gates, and Warren Buffett do so well? They lived according to these seven strategic, wealth-building principles. Read more
Facebook's CEO and other tech execs want a Washington lobby group. But the needs of small tech start-ups may not be on their agenda. Read more
The Newark mayor and video-site founder spent the past week hanging out with hackers, founders, and tech geeks. Here's why. Read more
For backers of crowd-funded physical products, the mantra has always been 'buyer-beware.' Here's how a new crowdfunding site, Crowd Supply, seeks to fix that... Read more
Foursquare, Pinterest, and Tumblr have plenty of users; now they need to make money. Here's how they plan to do it--and why it may be a challenge. Read more
FROM OUR PARTNERS
- Smarty Pants
- Maryland – #1 in Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- New Data on Success
- New book BUSINESS BRILLIANT by Inc.com blogger Lewis Schiff
- Old Dominion
- No matter what you ship, your business is our business. Visit odpromises.com.
- Constant Contact
- Over 500,000 Small Businesses Use Constant Contact®. Safe, Simple.
- The rugged Torque
- Buy 1 Kyocera Torque, get 4 free. Only at Sprint. Restrictions apply.
- AT&T Enhanced PTT
- Switch to AT&T Enhanced Push-to-Talk and get a free Samsung Rugby III.
- Undesk your desk phone:
- ShoreTel Dock for iPad/iPhone. BYOD better.
- Business Essentials
- Represent Your Company With A Custom Name Badge. Find It Here!
- Servers up to 45% off
- Technology optimized for today, but scalable for growing business needs.
- PCs You can Trust
- Discover how an ASUS PC with leading reliability is fit for your business