Technorati has released its annual State of the Blogosphere report this week.
For those of you still on the fence about incorporating a blog in your business, here's some nuggets to consider:
- Blogs got more than 77 million unique visitors in the month of August here in the United State. That's out of a total Internet U.S. audience of 188 million.
- 50% of Internet users in the United States read blogs.
- The more you post, the higher your blog ranks and, therefore, generates more advertising dollars (if you're advertising- driven and care about that).
- There are close to one million new blog posts a day.
- The average blog is three years old.
- Blogs are making money. 100,000 unique visitors a month translates to about $75,000 a year if you place your ads right, etc.
I recently wrote an article for businesses and professionals dealing with a stale blog. Here's some tips to give yourself a jumpstart.