In case last week's unemployement report didn't convince you. Or the continued wrangling over the automaker bail out. Or the bail out of Citibank. Or....
Here are some signs from the tech sector that hard times are here:
1. Apple is rumored to be working on a deal to sell iPhones at Wal-Mart (I'm not making this up!).
2. It's December 11th and you can still find a Wii for sale in time for Christmas delivery.
3. Things are so bad, spammers are laying off employees (okay that time I was being a smart aleck).
4. VC money is now an oxymoron.
5. A year ago Microsoft offered to buy Yahoo! at $33 a share. It's now trading at $12 a share, Jerry Yang is gone and apparantly Microsoft could care less.
RENEE ORICCHIO is a technology writer and former supervising news producer for CNN Financial News. She has been covering the computer industry since 1987.@oricchio