Net Applications, the Nielson-like rankings monitor of operating systems, has already put out its November numbers and the report comes with a number of interesting "firsts".
- Windows has dipped below 90% of market share for the first time.
- Mac finally hit above 8%.
- Windows Vista finally broke the 20% barrier.
- In case you've forgotten what a juggernaut Microsoft is within the operating system industry, just look at these numbers. Despite all the bad press over Vista and popularity over Firefox, Microsoft is still dangling around 90% of market share.
- Apple can sell happy gadgets like iPhones and iPods like hotcakes. But, it still can't touch the operating system market.
- Who cares? The operating system wars are over; not because anyone lost. It's just that everyone lost interest. The web is the platform of choice now.